MuggleNet and Alivanís, Master Wandmakers are teaming up to give EVERYONE a chance to design the next magic wand in the Alivanís Majestic Collection. In fact, if you win this first ever wand design contest, your design will be created into a limited edition wand and sold on the Alivanís Master Wandmakers website.The winner will truly be a Master Wandmaker!
The BEST part is that the winner of the contest will receive the first ever wand produced from the edition as their prize! The wand itself can be any design from any wood type with any details you can IMAGINE. There are a few things to keep in mind, however, since the Master Wandmakers at Alivanís must be able to actually create the wand you create.
The guidelines are:
- The chosen wood must be available in the general marketplace. It can be one that Alivanís already uses to create wands, or you can do some research yourself to find a beautiful wood that is readily available.
- The maximum wand length is 16 1/2 inches. Maximum width at widest point is 2 inches.
- The wand design can be adorned with items, which add to the designís beauty; however, remember that this wand must be able to be created in the form of a limited edition, which can be sold in the Alivanís Majestic Collection. Majestic Collection wands are normally priced at less than $80, so this wand must be able to be created at such a price to be sold at a maximum of $80.
The winning wand design will be chosen based on many attributes, including:original design and craftsmanship
- ability to be reproduced in a limited edition
- ability to be hand turned on a lathe
- unique use of materials
When you submit your wand designs for review you should include, at minimum, ALL of the following:
- A sketch of the wand with actual dimensions
- Wood type(s)
- Additional accessories, if any, included in your design
- The meaning behind your design
- Special magical properties you feel this wand will provide to the user
SUBMIT your design HERE.
The more detail you provide the better since our judges will understand your complete vision. Once the deadline for submissions has passed, the Alivanís staff and MuggleNet staff will choose four finalist designs, which will be voted on by MuggleNet staff. The final four finalistsí designs will then be posted on MuggleNetís home page with the announcement of the WINNER.ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 18, AND WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED DECEMBER 25.
Best of luckÖ but if you are a TRUE Master Wandmaker you wonít need it!